Bitcoin price corrected gains and settled above $45,000 against the US Dollar. BTC is now struggling to surpass $47,000 and it could start another decline. According to technical analysis by NewsBTC’s Aayush Jindal:
- Bitcoin is facing a major resistance near the $47,500 and $48,000 levels.
- The price is now trading well below $48,000 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.
- There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $47,000 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair (data from Kraken).
- As long as the pair trades below the $48,000 pivot level, it could start a fresh decline.
Bitcoin (BTC) Faces Barriers
Bitcoin price took a massive dip towards $42,000 before starting to recover. BTC was able to recover above the $43,500 and $45,000 resistance levels.
The price even climbed above the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the main decline from the $52,800 high to $42,000 high. The bulls pushed the price above the $46,000 level. However, they encountered sellers near the $47,450 level.
It seems like the 50% Fib retracement level of the main decline from the $52,800 high to $42,000 high acted as a resistance. There is also a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $47,000 on the hourly chart of the BTC/USD pair.
The pair is now trading well below the $48,000 and the 100 hourly simple moving average. An immediate resistance on the upside is near the $47,000 level. The first major resistance is near the $47,500 level. A close above the $47,500 level could start a decent increase in the near term. The next major hurdle for the bulls could be near the $48,500 area.
Will Bitcoin (BTC) Drop?
If bitcoin fails to break past the $47,500 resistance zone, it could start a fresh decline. An immediate support on the downside is near the $45,500 level.
The first major support is near the $44,800 level. If there is a downside break below the $44,800 support zone, it could extend its decline. In the stated case, the price could test the $43,000 support.
- Hourly MACD – The MACD is slowly losing momentum in the bullish zone.
- Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is still below the 50 level with a bearish angle.
- Major Support Levels – $45,500 followed by $44,800
- Major Resistance Levels – $47,000, 47,500 and $48,500
Risk Disclosure: The articles and articles on Arover.net do not constitute investment advice. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are high-risk assets, and you should do your due diligence and do your own research before investing in these currencies.