Many have had the unpleasant experience of running out of ink the night before a date. What could be worse than not being able to print important documents for an apartment rental file or a loan application? HP intends to prevent these unforeseen events with its Instant Ink service.
It must be said that few people have the presence of mind to regularly check the ink levels of their printer. In many cases, this task requires handling the device directly, a task which can be tedious as the interface is dated, even on recent printers. It is by taking into account all these “pain points” thatimagined Instant Ink, its home ink delivery service.
Ecological in addition to being practical
Put simply, HP Instant Ink is a printing subscription with a certain number of printable pages per month. The printer automatically detects when the ink level is low and will order the corresponding cartridges for themissing, then these will arrive in a few days. With packages starting at 0.99 €, this solution will be in many cases more interesting than buying your own “full pot” cartridges.
Instant Ink is also ecological in its approach since the service is organized in such a way that HP collects empty cartridges when providing new ones. To do this, a pre-paid envelope is provided with each new lot in order to be able to return the old one. You just have to put that envelope full of empty cartridges back into your letterbox and you’re done!
Offer and prices
Instant Ink is available for conventional printers as well as printers. Each package offers a certain number of pages per month, all without commitment and with a certain modularity since it is easily possible to switch from one package to another and carry over unused pages from one month to the next. If you print more, € 1 will be charged per batch of 10, 15, 20 or 25 pages depending on your package. There is no distinction between color cartridges and black in terms of price. The only difference will be between conventional printers and those using toners.
How do I know if my printer is compatible?
Here is the list of printers compatible with the HP Instant Ink offer:
- HP AMP ;
- HP DeskJet 262X, 263X, 271X, 271Xe, 272X, 363X, 372X, 373X, 375X, 376X ;
- HP Deskjet Plus 411X, 412X, 413X ;
- HP Envy 450X, 452X, 501X, 502X, 503X, 553X, 554X, 564X, 764X, 601Xe, 602X, 603X ;
- HP Envy Pro 642X, 643X ;
- HP Envy Photo 622X, 623X, 713X, 783X ;
- HP OfficeJet 383X, 463X, 465X, 522X, 523X, 574X, 695X, 696X, 801X ;
- HP OfficeJet Pro 683X, 697X, 821X, 861X, 862X, 871X, 872X, 873X, 901X, 902X ;
- All models compatible with HP +, ie those with a product code ending in “e” (example: HP ENVY 6030e). Remember also that the HP + models benefit from 6 months of Instant Ink offered.
Article written in partnership with HP teams