Despite the political and economic crisis and the extreme international tensions, the summer of 2022 is preparing a real one boom for tourism (short term rentals, holiday rules and tips: what you need to know). The first beautiful season completely out of the Covid emergency sees the departure – in Italy and abroad, by the sea or in the mountains – of millions of compatriots. And with the big starts, the big one also returns transport nightmarewith weekends that are already black.
Italians on vacation: the favorite destinations
Only between July and August, they have already been or will go on vacation over 23 million Italians, equal to 70% of those who will leave. The most popular destination is once again the mare, preferred by 67% of Italians. A good chunk of people (21.5%) opts instead for the “Green holiday” (mountain, lake or companion), while 9% choose villages and cities of art.
To trace the portrait of the Italian vacationers of 2022 is the president of Demoskopika, Raffaele Rioaccording to which nature, the relationship between quality and prices, the discovery of the national heritage (historical-artistic and landscape) and food and wine guide the choices of families and loners.
This year the share of Italians who have chosen to spend a holiday period also increases significantly outside national borders. If on the one hand it is undeniable that the holiday in Italy prevails, indicated by 74% of Italians, on the other it is more than significant also il 26% of those who have gone or are planning to go to one half European (19.9%) or international (6.1%).
According to Rio, the interest in foreign destinations “marks an increase of 16 percentage points compared to last year. By quantifying the data, approx 8.5 million Italians have opted for a tourist destination outside the beautiful country “(how to avoid home burglaries during the holidays: tips).
How tourism has changed
Tourism as we have known it until some time ago, however, is probably, if not definitively, in hibernation. For the president of Demoskopika, “the system needs to undergo a profound transformation. Individuals pay more and more attention to the rI inspect local communitiesin the interest of living unique experiences immersed in the culture and specificity of the territoriesto preserve the local heritage “.
In other words, the pandemic has brought about the affirmation of the “sustainable tourist”. There is also no lack of “requests to spend one holiday in safety such as constant monitoring of the state of vaccination, the use, albeit not mandatory, of masks and the sanitization of environments, from bars to accommodation facilities “(low cost holidays: the cheapest destinations this summer).
Summer exodus: red and black stickers on the motorway
With August the usual summer exodus alarm goes off. Starting from the afternoon of 5th Augusttraffic is expected to increase steadily along the Anas network. In particular Viability Italy provides a red stamp starting from Friday and a black stamp on August 6, with increasing movements towards the major tourist routes. The sticker turns red starting from Saturday afternoon and throughout Sunday 7 August, with heavy traffic for the last departures of this first weekend of the month. The complete overview of the summer stickers is available on the Anas website.
The routes most at risk
The motorway sections most at risk of queues are, in a southerly directionthe main routes towards the holiday resorts, in particular along the Adriatic, Tyrrhenian and Ionian ridges and at the border crossings in the direction of France, Slovenia and Croatia. As well as outgoing from urban centers and for the numerous local movements.
The major traffic will concern in particular:
- the A2 “Autostrada del Mediterraneo” which crosses Campania, Basilicata and Calabria;
- the state roads 106 Jonica and 18 Tirrena Inferiore in Calabria;
- the highways A19 Palermo-Catania and A29 Palermo-Mazara del Vallo in Sicily;
- the street state 131 Carlo Felice in Sardinia;
- the street state road 148 Pontina in Lazio, a particularly busy artery which together with the SS7 “Appia” it ensures connections between Rome and the tourist resorts of lower Lazio;
- the E45 Route (SS675 and SS3 bis) which affects Umbria, Tuscany, Emilia Romagna and connects the North-East with Central Italy;
- the guidelines SS1 Aurelia (Lazio, Tuscany and Liguria) e SS16 Adriatica (Puglia, Molise, Abruzzo, Emilia-Romagna and Veneto).
Finally, in the North, special guards i RA13 and RA14 motorway junctions in Friuli-Venezia Giulia towards the border crossings, the SS36 of Lake Como and Spluga in Lombardy, SS45 of Val Trebbia in Liguria, SS26 of the Aosta Valley e la SS309 Romea between Emilia Romagna and Veneto e la SS 51 of Alemagna in Veneto.