Once known and recognized as a master of high-end soundbars, Yamaha has refocused in recent years on aggressively priced compact models. The YAS-109 is his latest creation in style: a small bar without a box, but with Alexa.
The Yamaha YAS-109 certainly does not keep all its promises when it comes to the quality of its bass and its surround virtual. But we can’t really hold it against it, since it nevertheless offers more than adequate performance for its price range, satisfactory both for listening to music and watching movies – on the only condition of remaining wise on the sound volume.
- Exemplary neutrality of the frequency response.
- Natural and dynamic sound.
- Excellent stereophony.
- Manufacturing quality.
- Successful Alexa integration.
- Shallow bass.
- Very audible distortion in the low mids at high volume.
- Unconvincing virtual surround.
- No screen, only status lights that are not always very readable.
- Peu of compatible streaming services (Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music).
The plethora of options offered by the Sound BlasterX Katana application will certainly interest many Windows users, for whom it is unfortunately reserved. To all the others, we advise rather to turn to the Razer Leviathan, more convincing in terms of pure sonic performance.
Risk Disclosure: The articles and articles on Arover.net do not constitute investment advice. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are high-risk assets, and you should do your due diligence and do your own research before investing in these currencies.