How to save on your gas bill in view of the arrival of autumn and winter, that is the months of the year in which the prices in the bill increase in relation to the greater use of heating?
When it comes to gas and consumption, there are a few things to specify. For example, it is essential to know that gas consumption can depend on different factors, such as:
- geographical area of residence;
- size of your home in square meters and any thermal insulation;
- efficiency of the heating system (it is no coincidence that it is generally recommended to buy a latest generation model, perhaps taking advantage of one of the state incentives).
The type of domestic useron the other hand, therefore, the difference between resident and non-resident does not affect the final cost of gas, as it does for electricity. Below will be listed some solutions to try practicing if yes wants to save on the gas bill in view of the most expensive seasons, namely autumn and winter.
Save on your gas bill: discover the best offers
How to save on natural gas in winter
First, we recommend that you analyze what are the needs of your home: what is your energy requirement? Are there any infiltrations to the walls or windows that could have a negative influence on gas consumption?
You should always pay close attention to the periodic maintenance of the boiler and radiators: even excessive dirt could affect the proper functioning of your heating system, contributing to the increase in gas waste. The law provides for a mandatory annual check on the boiler.
The ordinary maintenance of radiators, on the other hand, it is recommended in the summer, that is when the radiators are not used. It is also suggested to install thermostatic valves on the radiators, through which it will be possible to regulate the quantity of hot water and thus keep the temperature constant.
In order to avoid wasting heatyou should also try to avoid covering the radiators: the practice of using them to dry clothes during the winter, in practice, is wrong and contributes to the increase in the cost of the gas bill.
Other tips you might want to consider if you want to save on gas include:
- proceed with replacement of fixturestaking advantage of the presence of state contributions, in order to eliminate the presence of drafts;
- buy heat pumpsdevices that use renewable energy that is dispersed into the environment by exploiting electricity or a significantly lower quantity of fossil fuel than that of traditional boilers;
- opt for green energy sources that allow to save on gas, in particular of solar thermal systems that could be used for the production of hot water, with a direct impact on the gas bill.
Another way to save on your gas bill is then to move to the free market for energy and natural gasfocusing above all on a light and gas promotion (in jargon we are talking about Dual Fuel offers) through which to amortize in the best possible way not only on the consumption of light, but also on that of gas.
Compare Dual Fuel offers to save gas and electricity
How to save on your gas bill with the free market
What is the best way to find the promotion on the gas component with which it is possible save more? The answer consists of a comparative analysis, thanks to which it will be possible to identify the best gas offers of the moment.
Using, for example, the gas offers comparator present on SOStariffe.ityou can perform a simulation starting from your real consumption data, or by entering some fundamental parameters, such as the size of your home, the number of family members and the reason why you mainly use gas (heating, cooking food , hot water).
How to save on gas bills: comparison of the best offers of the moment
The promotions on the gas component can be at a fixed price, ideal in view of any increases in the autumn-winter season, or at a variable price, or that follows the trend of the wholesale market.
Among the solutions to consider, there are for example:
- Edison World Gasoffer with a non-ARERA indexed price and gas sold at the cost of the wholesale market;
- Wekiwi Gas alla Fonteoffer with non-ARERA indexed price and gas sold at the cost of the wholesale market (PSV) + 0.05 € / Smc;
- NeN Gas Special 48which has a raw material cost of € 1,370 / Smc and provides for a fixed price for a period of 36 months, with the possibility of paying by direct domiciliation of bills and electronic invoicing.
In practice, there isn’t one promotion to save on gas objectively better than others, but each can become one on the basis of their needs and the factors listed above, such as the geographical area in which they live.