Lottery of receipts, the winning tickets of May 25th
The lottery of receipts continues also in 2023even if everything changes. This is the free competition linked to the Italia Cashless program developed by the former Conte government to encourage the use of credit, debit, ATM, prepaid cards and payment apps.
Those who have not yet taken part in the receipt lottery can still participate in the next draws. We remember that all natural persons of legal age residing in Italy can participatewho have procured the lottery code (you can retrieve it here) and use electronic payment instruments for purchases of goods or services from retail businesses.
How the receipt lottery works
Although it has been called a flop (here we have explained why) and, as we said, the government has decided to modify it to make it more like a scratch card, to participate in the lottery it is enough for now to show the merchant, at the time of every cashless purchase, therefore not in cashyour own code.
done this, the electronic receipt issued automatically gives away virtual tickets to participate in the lottery: a virtual ticket for every euro spent, up to a maximum of 1,000 virtual tickets for each receipt of an amount equal to or greater than 1,000 euros. If the amount spent is greater than 1 euro, any decimal figure greater than 49 cents will produce another virtual ticket.
As soon as the reform is approved, the receipt lottery will become an instant game: Here you will find all the new arrivals.
However, not all purchases allow you to participate in the lottery. As we said, only card and app purchases are valid, but not all. Purchases are excluded:
- made in cash;
- for an amount of less than 1 euro;
- made online;
- intended for the exercise of business, art or profession;
- documented by electronic invoices;
- for which the fee data is transmitted to the Health Card system (for example purchases made at pharmacies, parapharmacies, opticians, analysis laboratories, veterinary clinics, etc.);
- for which the buyer requests the operator to acquire his tax code for the purposes of tax deduction or deduction.
How much you win: the prizes
Every week you can win 15 prizes of 25,000 euros for those who buy, and 15 prizes of 5,000 euros for those who sell. Then there are also monthly draws with 10 prizes of 100,000 euros for buyers and 10 prizes of 20,000 euros for merchants.
The weekly draws are held every Thursday for all receipts sent and registered by the lottery system from Monday to Sunday, until 11.59 pm of the previous week. If the drawing day falls on a national holiday, the drawing is postponed to the next working day.
The monthly draws are held every second Thursday of the month, for receipts sent and registered by the lottery system by 11.59 pm on the last day of the previous month. If the second Thursday of the month falls on a national holiday, the draw is postponed to the following working day.
How are lottery and gaming winnings taxed?
The winning code draws on Thursday 25 May 2023
Weekly draw N° 24 – 2023 of Thursday 25 May 2023: the 15 weekly winning codes (date, winning code and how much win):
- 18/05/2023 1320-0103 53MN2018041 47.05
- 17/05/2023 1068-0019 2CITP004272 19.16
- 20/05/2023 1470-0047 3BIWB006811 128.73
- 20/05/2023 1379-0091 2CITP003914 40.56
- 20/05/2023 0635-0033 53SNS300224 11430029 73.07
- 17/05/2023 1319-0071 2CITP001886 26.60
- 17/05/2023 0802-0002 1BMIS087220 75.00
- 17/05/2023 2096-0027 53SNS300163 00140052 36.59
- 20/05/2023 1528-0251 96SRT000457 92730002 8.96
- 19/05/2023 1513-0009 3BIWB004155 74.24
- 05/17/2023 1272-0280 99MEX091038 32.06
- 05/20/2023 0480-0016 3BIWB011219 8.12
- 05/18/2023 1460-0020 99MEY032253 24.86
- 05/19/2023 1609-0071 96SRT000755 39210001 42.30
- 05/15/2023 1316-0023 96MKR015381 7.27
Here is last week’s draw. The annual draw took place on Friday 4 July, which provides for a maxi prize of 5 million euros for the buyer and a prize of 1 million euros for the operator: here is the drawing of the winning ticket.