An important deadline is approaching for the single temporary allowance, the bridging measure (waiting for it to become universal starting next year) valid from 1 July to 31 December for families not currently benefiting from the ANF, self-employed and unemployed.
The effective date of the measure starts from the month of submission of the application, but some families have the possibility of receive more money if the application is submitted by September, in particular by the deadline of 30 September. Let’s see together why.
Single check, deadline September 30 to receive arrears
September 30th is the deadline by which it is possible to apply to INPS for a temporary allowance for children with the guarantee of receiving not just monthly payments from September to December, ma even the backward ones in July and August.
This was clarified by the INPS circular of 30 June: those who send the request for a single check by 30 September 2021 are also entitled to arrears: the monthly payments relating to the month of July and August are also paid.
Therefore, submitting the application for a single temporary allowance by 30 September ensures two additional months.
In fact, all applications for allowances received by INPS will be valid until 31 December 2021. The difference, however, as we have said, is that by applying by September 30, you will be entitled, in derogation to the principle according to which the check runs from the same month of submission of the application, even to the two months in arrears in July and August.
For applications made after this date, the temporary child allowance is due only from the time of submission and until 31 December 2021.
Single check, to whom it belongs
The temporary allowance is paid by INPS in the presence of children under the age of 18, including minors who are adopted and in pre-adoptive foster care.
The allowance is for families who are not entitled to the allowance for the family unit. In this regard, please note that the allowance for the family unit (ANF) is paid to the following categories of subjects:
- workers enrolled in the separate management;
- agricultural workers;
- temporary domestic and domestic workers;
- workers of ceased, bankrupt and defaulting firms;
- workers on union leave;
- maritime workers disembarked;
- workers in lieu of wage benefits, such as holders of NASpI or agricultural unemployment, holders of wage supplementary benefits, workers assisted by TBC insurance, and holders of retirement benefits as an employee.
In general and without prejudice to the existence of all the requirements indicated by the law, the temporary allowance can therefore be recognized to families of self-employed workers and families in which there are subjects in the state of unemployment. Furthermore, the temporary allowance is due, in the presence of all the requisites provided by law, to those who benefit from family allowances (direct farmers, settlers, sharecroppers and holders of self-employed pensions), as well as to households that do not benefit from the allowance. for the family unit, in the absence of one or more legal requirements.
Single child allowance, payment methods
The application for the temporary allowance it can usually be submitted by the parent by and no later than 31 December 2021, electronically to INPS or through the Integrated Contact Center. Alternatively, the same can contact an authorized intermediary or a patronage.
In case of acceptance of the submitted application, the check will be recognized monthly and starting from the month of submission of the application itself. For applications submitted after July (but always by the deadline of 30 September 2021), the arrears will be paid starting – in fact – from July 2021. After September 30, 2021 the right will not be lost but, the INPS specifies, the effective date of the measure will correspond to the month of submission of the application.
Single child allowance, as it is paid out
As regards the disbursement of the allowance, the amount due is paid by:
- accreditation on account relationships with IBAN, SEPA area, in the name of the applicant and authorized to receive bank transfers (current account, savings book, prepaid card);
- wire transfer domiciled to the applicant at the post office;
- accreditation on the card referred to in article 5 of decree-law no. 4 of 2019, for the groups benefiting from Rdc.
Single check, how to apply
The application for temporary allowance is submitted, usually by the requesting parent, no later than December 31, 2021. The application must be submitted only once for each child, through the following channels:
- Web portal, using the specific service accessible directly from the home page of the Inps website, if you are in possession of the PIN code issued by the Institute by 1 October 2020, or a level 2 or higher SPID or an electronic identity card 3.0 ( CIE), or a National Services Card (CNS);
- Integrated Contact Center, by calling the toll-free number 803.164 (free from a landline) or 06 164.164 (from a paid mobile network, based on the rate applied by the various operators);
- the Institutes of patronage, using the services offered free of charge by them.